Thursday, January 14, 2010

Finding my Voice

I've been working on finding my style, my voice, a 'look' to my pots that could be considered a line maybe, perhaps. Sort of. The idea is that I should try to do something similar in shape and decoration style, over and over, to get good at it. My problem is that I see so much that I want to try, that I try everything so I get no practice at anything.


These are some recent attempt at a style. I think I like them, but I need to continue with different sizes, these are all candy bowl sized. I should try mugs like this and larger bowls too. And figure out a way to make a plate or platter with the same feel. Just typing this helps me think these things through better, and also helps me feel less in a rut. The one above has a ladybug on the sprig. The one below is a local geographic landmark, Cape Blomidon.


This is my favourite mug, which gave me the idea to try the sprigging. I don't know who the potter is, I bought it in the Whithorn Dig gift shop in Scotland. I used to have 4, now sadly I'm down to two.


These are some candlesticks I tried. The big idea was that they would be Christmas presents, that was until I realized I was unable to make two the same shape and size. Definitely need to practice that one more.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love the colours of the candlesticks. And one can never have too many candy bowls. Or candy to put in them.