Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Because I Don't Have Enough to Do...

Yeah right. Honestly I've been looking forward to getting laid off in October for about a month now; I want to do more pottery, rearrange elements of the garden before winter, do some smallish home reno projects and start curling. That was my plan for the fall. But Robbie Burns knew about the best laid plans. Today I agreed to teach a course at the community college. Just 1, and only 4 hours a week. It starts tomorrow. Actually it started Monday. Last minute and under the gun, just how I like to work.
I don't have a course outline or a semester schedule. I probably won't have access to a computer account or email tomorrow, and I haven't done any paperwork about being paid yet either. I have taught the course before, so I've decided to wing it tomorrow. I figure I can probably muster a 2 hour introduction to Horticulture Structures and Environment off the top of my head.
When I say wing it, I mean I have typed up 3 pages of outline stuff I may talk about. Or maybe not.
I expect something of my fall plans will suffer, most likely the garden.
Oh yeah, and I'm still working. What was I thinking?

2 comments:

adrian de montfort said...

Hah

Even I could teach that course, so you, of course, will do it beautifully.

Lori said...

Well, pay is good, right? Think of the bucks.