Monday, May 24, 2010

Still Too Much to Do

Still desperately trying to get it all done for the June 13 craft fair. It's not going to happen, but I can dream and give it a little extra push.
This long weekend is very sunny and hot, perfect for taking the dog to the beach or something, but I'm firing a glaze kiln instead. The first of the plant stakes are in it, I did a few just to see if it really will work the way I think. They came out of the bisque kiln mostly straight and flat, so I think it will be OK.
I bought a new kiln a couple weekends ago off Kijiji. Yes, that makes 4 if you are counting. It is the same size and make as my large kiln, but in much better shape and it has a working kiln sitter and came with shelves. It was the shelves that interested me. I needed more for the large kiln, and to buy them new would have cost more than what I paid for the used kiln. I thought at first I would sell the other one, if I can, but since it is the same size I could try adding a section from the old one into the new one as a dummy to make a taller kiln. Do I need a taller kiln? Not really, but maybe in the future I will.
Might as well face it I'm addicted to kilns.

No comments: