Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pictures for my Adoring Fans

Might I just point out that if I'm too busy to blog, I'm probably too busy to take pictures of what I am doing and post them on the internet?
None the less, here are the requested photos of Garden Stakes and KFROGS mugs. The garden stakes are 1" wide and about 12" long and I didn't sell a single one on Sunday, go figure. I guess the crowd that runs charity marathons doesn't garden.
This is a photo of the KFROGS mugs before the glaze kiln. The shape is inspired by a Hannah McAndrew mug that I recently acquired (Although her's are much nicer.) They are about 4" tall and 3" wide at the top. This is after the glaze, which was disappointing. Some were clearer that others but none remained as crisp as they look in the first picture. Still, we sold 8 and I donated 4 to their Chinese Auction as well as half the proceeds of those sold so KFROGS got at least an extra $60 for my efforts.
I did also sell 5 bowls and a coil pitcher, which somewhere I might have pictures of, but you will have to wait for those because life still appears to be as busy as ever. Stay tuned, because next time I'll tell you about how I became a volunteer firefighter, an accidental garden designer and I will also tell you why stealing a 15 foot swimming pool out of your neighbour's backyard is probably not a good idea.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I do love the shape of those mugs, but I can't figure out what the KFROGS logo is. Is it like a Rorschach kind of thing? If so, I'm going with two crabs mating.

Yana Out East said...

It's kinda froggy in a West Coast kind of way. Think: What you get when Bill Reid runs over a frog.