Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day

I think the weather network has made us all into weenies. We are getting another snow day today. Our last snow day was... yesterday, except it was a non-event with all of 2 cm falling in a 12 hour period. The one before that was also a non-event but still they keep putting up that RED SCREEN OF DEATH! on the weather network. Today we are meant to get 45 cm, which in weather network math conversion works out to be probably 4-5cms.
Still I find myself planning my day around the RED SCREEN OF DEATH! Yesterday I did the errands early to avoid Armageddon Shopping in New Mindless and I always have a pot of water on the counter for tea in case we lose power . I find myself thinking, 'Oh, we might lose power, better
1.have a shower
2. do the dishes
3. bring in extra wood
4. check my email

I know, the last one doesn't make much sense.
One wonders what our increasing weenie population would do if faced by a really extreme event like the floods or cyclone in Australia.
It's just snow, find a good book and wait 12 hours.

1 comment:

Lester's Mama said...

Or drive to Dal and back. Shit for brains.

My gawd, I must love those kids because it's not the 11.32 per hour that gets me out of bed at 5 am.