Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back to School

Yes. It's that most wonderful time of year again. Yesterday was the first day of classes for my Little student. I wish I had a picture of him in his new sneakers and with his new brightly coloured backpack on heading out the door with his lunch. But knowing how I would make fun of him he refused to pose.
Yesterday's class was cryptically called Graduate Seminar. When I asked him what it was about he said that it was to teach them how to think.
Thinking 101. Got it.
Tomorrow he has a class called Methods. I dubbed this Doing 101. He says it is more like How To, but I think that sounds like a workshop at Home Despot.
Today's class is Theory. It seems a bit of a rip off to make you pay for a class that hasn't been proven yet. On the up side it makes passing in papers easier. "Honestly sir, theoretically it should be right there on the pile..."
Perhaps that's why they call it Piled Higher and Deeper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did he cry at recess? It's okay, Petie, you'll make friends soon.