Friday, September 14, 2007

A thanks for the thank you



Today my nephew 'Jamin sent me a painting he completed recently as a thank you for his birthday pressie. He was 2 in August. It's called Philosophy. I like it, although I prefer to think of it as Paeonia and Solidago. I am a fan of his work, as I am a fan of his mother's before him. Her Mountain and Seagulls in the Upstairs Gallery, Mahone Bay, is a particular favourite of mine. Although knowing her much more structured style leads me to believe that 'Jamin must take after his father.
I guess I would be remiss if I didn't mention that my nephews Claude and Lester have also sent us cards since we have been here. Thank you boys.
Peter thinks it is strange that the only people who write to us are toddlers and cats, but I pointed out that everyone else has email.

No comments: