Saturday, December 1, 2007

Now You Know

How did I ever live without high speed internet?
Studyboy and I have many dubious habits, one of which is to eat dinner in front of the TV while watching whatever bit of bad movie we can find on Space/Bravo/TCM... you get the picture. It doesn't matter that we didn't see the beginning because we have probably already seen it a dozen times before, and it doesn't matter that we will stop watching when we are finished eating because we know how it is going to end already. Tonight's Film Banal was the last 15 minutes of Dragonheart II (I did say dubious, didn't I?) But as the end credits rolled I found myself wondering what the theme music was. It was very familiar, more familiar than a B movie theme would normally warrant. We both assumed it was stolen from something or someone more famous. Like Bach or Haydn.
How to find out? Studyboy suggested Song Tapper. It is the internet sight that gives you the name of the tune after you use the spacebar to tap in the rhythm of the melody. It is a fun and amazing sight to visit and if you don't know it already, try it out; you will be amazed.
However Song Tapper let me down, because it is more geared toward pop music than the symphonic stuff. I was at a loss, until Studyboy had an even better solution; just Google "Theme from Dragonheart II." Duh. It turns out that it is an original, so we were wrong. But it is familiar because it is the most requested theme for movie trailers ever. So now, thanks to the internet, I know what music I'm humming, but now I can't stop humming it.
Well, at least it erased Nickleback's "Rockstar" from my head. That was stuck in there for days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane, I just caught up on your posts. I loved the one about the jeans! Laughed out loud. You really ought to write a book, or go into stand-up, or something. Man, you're funny!

I love this blog!