Friday, July 24, 2009

And Another Thing...

Today I arrived at work to find a list of 'suggestions' of what we should plant in the new Town Centre Bed. My comment yesterday about spirea was a joke, but it was on the list this morning. I swear, I'm not making this up.
Also on the list was privet (oh yeah, that's original) and a clarification that the Euonymus should be the yellow and green one (sorry Lori) called Emerald n' Gold (yes, the 'N apostrophe' is really part of the name.)
So now I'm really starting to get into the idea of making the absolute ugliest garden possible to plant in the centre of Main St., and I'm taking suggestions for other over used, banal and uninteresting specimens. Remember they have to be under 4 feet high for shrubs please, and the trees should also be small because the planters are not that big.
Already on the list are daylilies and crabapple trees. I'm thinking of adding gold pfitzer juniper.
Anyone else with plants we love to hate?

2 comments:

JaySeeGee said...

Lupins, hordes and hordes of lupins!!!

Lori said...

Aw, see, I'm okay with lupins. For the ugliest garden ever, you need masses of bright orange marigolds with those green spiky plants that people used to put in the centre of a planters. I can't think of the name of them, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Anyway, a sea of marigolds with one stupid green spiky thing every four feet. I'd love to see that. Let me know when it's finished.