Thursday, November 26, 2009

I live in a cathouse...that can't be right.

It has been a house of revolving cats. Poor Willow is confused about who really lives here I think.










After Atticus died, my sister visited for her birthday and brought Lester. (He didn't know how to play nice and frightened poor Willow so such she peed on the floor.)







After he left, our friend Claude came for a visit. (He' s very well behaved)








After he left, we picked New Cat 2 up at the shelter on Monday. We haven't settled on a name yet. The last one took several months. She is so obese I've taken to calling her Beach Ball. We may make it Bea or Beatrice permanently (it has the bonus of being a Shakespearean character)
We've also tried Jupiter (for her mass)
Hooty (for the yellow eyes)
Lydia (the eyes make her look stunned)
Cordelia (to go with Willow; also Shakespearean)
Many other trees, both English and Latin.
I asked Willow what she thought, and she suggested Yum Yum.
Nothing so far has stuck.
Now Claude is back for the weekend. (And sitting on my lap as I type)

Any suggestions will be considered.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I think she looks like a Beatrice. Or you could go fancy and call her Beatrix.

Lester's Mama said...

That's an awesome shot of Lester. He looks so intimidating. Can you send me some of his photos?

I have Internet / e-mail at home now.