Sunday, February 28, 2010

February Blahs

It happened a little late, but I think I have the February Blahs. It didn't happen when we had lots of snow and cold weather, it happened when we got the February thaw. All the snow melted and the muck got me down. I take full responsibility for the rain storm and melting snow. We bought snowshoes two weeks ago which pretty much guaranteed no snow for the rest for the year. We did get 10 days in before the big melt. Now they hang sadly by the door in hopes that the winter will come back.
When you have a dog, spring muck is not your friend, and Willow has learned the routine of paw cleaning for treats every time she comes in. Between the rain and trench we dug in the drive she can't help but be a dingy retriever.
Attempting to banish the February blahs today, I gave up on trying to decorate pottery which has defeated me for a week now, and I began spring garden clean up instead. I pruned the fruit trees and tried to start a fire of the dead wood that didn't get burned last fall. The fire didn't light, which is just as well because the pruning didn't take that long and I came in much earlier than expected.

2 comments:

L said...

So that explains what happened to our snow. Sigh. Welcome to three months of mud season.

Lori said...

Sorry. That was me again. My fingers are out of control.