Thursday, March 18, 2010

Celestial Miracle

When the moon is in the seventh house,
And the electrician aligns with Nova Scotia Power,
Then peace will guide the planets,
And the Yana and Peter Homeshow will get a service upgrade.

I guess we just needed to wait for the right celestial event. I had given up hoping that I would be able to fire a larger kiln before I went back to work this spring. But yesterday, on St. Patrick's Day, I had the luck of the Irish and it actually happened!


It all happened.
Power upgraded to 200 amps. Check
Power to garage upgraded to 100 amps. Check
Final Electrical Inspection on the house complete. Check. (That took only 3 years)
New 60 amp plug added to the garage. Check
Filled in the hole in the driveway.
Figure out if kiln we bought off Kijiji last year actually works. It does!


I'm doing a bisque firing today, and we will see if the automatic kiln sitter will shut it off at the right time. It took me an hour to load the kiln this morning. It held everything on the shelves waiting to be fired and is still only 2/3 full. I only have 1 1/2 shelves for it, so I was improvising with using the shelves for the small kiln too. It was like solving a spacial geometry problem trying to get the right combination of posts and pots to be able to fit it all in and still see the witness cone through the peep hole. I guess I need to order some proper shelves.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Jane's a happy girl. Check! You must be ecstatic to have all of that stuff out of the way..... Enjoy your new kiln.

Kurt

Lori said...

Wow. Finally. Congrats.