Sunday, March 7, 2010

Is It Spring?

I know that simply by asking that question I am doomed to make the snow come back. We are experiencing a very early thaw here. Bright clear sunny days, temperatures above freezing, and tiny green bulbs beginning to poke up through the garden beds.
I was sad the snow went because my snowshoes are still hanging by the door in hopes of a good snowfall, but today I spend the whole day outside gardening. Now I'm hoping this weather just keeps up.
Last spring we had cold wet weather all the way to the end of April. I remember because I didn't get a chance to spring clean in my own yard before I had to go to work and clean up other gardens. I played catch up with myself all summer. This year the fruit trees are already pruned, and today I picked up garbage that has blowing in from somewhere. I also started raking out the beds and turned the compost pile, and fixed the door on the garden shed where the wind blew it off the hinges. Ironically I am going back to work late this year, because last spring was so crappy. I may have everything at home done and dusted before April.

2 comments:

Lori said...

If you get really bored you can come work on my gardens. They could sure use the help.

Yana Out East said...

Hmmmm. Maybe some professional garden work in exchange for business cards and a website design. I like bartering.