Saturday, April 25, 2009

Name That Colour


Got bored with being a blonde today so I asked my hairdresser to make me Orange. Actually I asked for Tangerine. I wanted that plastic pumpkin colour that kids used to put their Halloween candy in. I figure if your going to colour your hair make sure everybody knows it.
The first thing she did was put a filler on my hair so that a colour would stick to it. Like primer on a wall I guess. It was the perfect shade of Tangerine. I was excited. Then she put the colour on and it looked like someone had bled all over my head but she assured me it would lighten up.
This is the colour I got, which I think is too dark, and frankly, looks like I'm trying to be a redhead. Which was not my intention at all, because I can be a redhead for free thanks. But I am at a loss for what to call this colour.
Not sumac.
Not autumn oak.
Close to blood orange but not really.
Peter says there is no colour in nature which is this shade. So I started thinking about lighting gel colours, and I think the closest is a Roscoe 22.
At any rate, I'm off to wash it, several times if needed, to see if I can lighten it up a bit.

Green Tip for the Day: Each year I try to change one thing I do on a regular basis that makes my life more environmentally friendly. This year, I'm recycling my 20's.

7 comments:

Lori said...

Burnt sienna?

Lester's Mama said...

Sort of my colour when I was 6.

Lester's Mama said...

Should have gone for pink..

Yana Out East said...

I'm thinking next is plum. or green.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I got my redhead back ;)

Anonymous said...

'Light copper' maybe.
I don't know about 'nothing in nature', there must be some kind of leaf that turns that colour in autumn.
Or rust... does rust count as 'nature'? ;)

Helen

lestersmama said...

You know, it's actually pretty close to Pebbles Flintstone hair.